Rauhala-Pallas-Hetta Ski Tour
150 kilometers in 6 days in Lapland
An unforgettable ski trek through the beautiful Pallas-Yllästunturi National park, through the unspoiled wilderness of the Lappish tundra and forests. The information centre in Pallas gives you an excellent insight into the Lappish traditions and nature.
To participate on this tour, you need to have skiing experience and be able to ski at least 4,5/hour. You only carry your backpack with you during the day, we take care of transporting your luggage to the next overnighting place.
For individuals in groups max 15 persons
For private groups after request / offer.
8 days / 7 nights Saturday-Saturday
6 days of guided skiing
Price: 950€ / person
Price includes: Transfers from/to Kittilä airport, luggage and other transportation according to programme, accommodation, guiding (6 days), full board (breakfast, lunch made by participants from breakfast buffet, dinner), sauna according to availability.
- Transportation from Kittilä airport to Rauhala. Overnight accommodation in a holiday cabin or in the rooms for 2-3 persons. Dinner and a short overview of next day.
- A day for orientation. After breakfast the guide tells about the day and the following week. Today we make a shorter trip in the surrounding area. Dinner and overnight stay.
- The tour starts. We check our skis, and other equipment and pack our luggage for the transportation. We start the tour by skiing from Rauhala to Keimiöjärvi and from there onwards to Keimiö. Sauna, dinner and overnighting. Daytrip approx. 25 km through varying woodland.
- From Keimiö the trek continues to Pallas. At the Information centre of the Pallas-Ylläs National Park we have the possibility to learn more about the nature of this area and its' flora and fauna, from an exhibition and a slide show. From Pallas we continue along the the Pallas Fells to Kerässieppi/Raattama. The day tour is approx. 33 km through forest and fell grounds.
- Today we make a day tour in the surrounding forest and fell areas. Lunch break at an open fire or in a hut. The day distance is ca 20 km.
- Today we continue towards north through wooden landscape to Hannukuru wilderness cabin, where we will have a break. From Hannukuru we continue our tour over open fells to Hietajärvi lake and Pippovuoma swamp. After crossing Ounasjoki we will reach Ketomella and our wilderness cabin. The day tour is approx. 31 km.
- The last day. In the morning we ski to the wilderness hut of Sioskuru, and continue along the Pyhäkero Fells to the wilderness cabin in Pyhäkero. After a break we ski onwards to Hetta. Our daytrip is approx. 30 km. The Landscape is wooded and open fell ground. In the afternoon transfer by bus to Rauhala.
- Departure, transfer to Kittilä airport.
We reserve the right to make changes to the programme and accommodation according to weather, the needs of the group/group members and any other circumstances that may occur.
Minimum of 2 persons is required for the tour to be confirmed.