Ski Tour Rauhala-Pallas-Hetta
An unforgettable ski trek through the beautiful Pallas-Yllästunturi National park, through the unspoiled wilderness of the Lappish tundra and forests. The two nature-information centres in Hetta and Pallas give you an excellent insight into the Lappish traditions and nature.
For individuals in groups max 15 persons
For special groups after request / offer.
8 days /7 nights Saturday-Saturday and some Tuesday - Tuesday starts as extra starts
Sunday orientation day, guided ski tour - ski tour Monday- Friday.
- Transportation from Kittilä airport to Rauhala. Overnight accommodation in a holiday cabin or in the rooms for 2 persons. Dinner
- A day for orientation, we make a shorter trip in the surrounding area. Dinner and overnight stay.
- After breakfast the guide will tell about the weeks program and the first days ski tour. We check our skis, and other equipment and pack our luggage for the transportation. We start the tour skiing from Rauhala to Keimiöjärvi and from there onwards to Keimiö. Sauna, dinner and overnighting. Daytrip approx. 25 km through varying woodland.
- From Keimiö the trek continues to Pallas. At the Information centre of the Pallas-Ounas National Park we have the possibility to learn more about the nature of this area, - it’s flora and fauna, from an exhibition and slide show. From Pallas we continue along the the Pallas Fells to Kerässieppi/Raattama. The day tour is approx. 33 km through forest and fell grounds.
- Today we make a day tour in the surrounding forest and fell areas. Lunch break at an open fire or in a hut. the day distance is ca 20 km.
- Today we continue towards north through wooden landscape to Hannukuru wilderness cabin, where we will have a break. From Hannukuru we continue our tour over open fells to Hietajärvi lake and Pippovuoma swamp. After crossing Ounasjoki we will reach Ketomella and our wilderness cabin. The day tour is approx. 31 km.
- In the morning we ski to the wilderness hut of Sioskuru, and continue along the Pyhäkero Fells to the wilderness cabin in Pyhäkero. After a break we ski onwards to Hetta. Our daytrip is approx. 30 km. The Landscape is wooded and open fell ground. In the afternoon transfer by bus to Rauhala.
- Departure, transfer to Kittilä airport.
Due to the changing weather conditions and other circumstances small changes conserning the overnighting places or the day routes can be made during the tour. During the weeks time the guide will tell about the life of the reindeer and the reindeer herding, northern lights, and other things that are specially Lappish or belongs into the Lappish peoples lives.
Price: 890 € / person
Price includes: Full board, 2 nights before and 1 night after the tour in the base camp, during the tour accommodation in wilderness huts, holiday cottages, breakfast, lunch bags, dinner, the above mentioned programme, guidance for 6 days, transportation for the equipment and luggage, transfer from/to Kittilä airport and Hetta - Rauhala, saunas. During the weeks time we pay a visit to a reindeer fence and the guide tells about the reindeer herding.
Departures in winter 2019